Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Moogie Boo!!!!




























It's Morgan's birthday today. Of course, as any Mom will tell you, there is no way to put in to words how much I love this girl. But I'll give it a go. Here are 10 things I love about my baby...not all-inclusive...in no particular order.



1. She is so good to her little brother and sister. She's a good example, and they love it when she plays with them and reads to them. LW cried real, silent tears when she left last week for a few days.

2. She's a drama queen. In a good way. It's so much fun to watch her light up when she is on stage.

3. She's a good friend, and she's good at picking good friends.

4. She has a zest for life. It's fun to watch her get excited about all of her firsts, like driving. (Not that her Mom is ever going to let her drive, but she can get excited, right?)

5. She has a special bond with her Dad. He loves to take her to movies, especially the ones Mom isn't too keen on watching (ah hem. Star Trek. ah hem). She gets music suggestions from her Daddy...now how many teenaged girls can claim that one?

6. She is thoughtful. A few weeks ago I came home from a trip to get my thyroid biopsied. I was tired, tired, tired. Not only had she responsibly taken care of her siblings for two days, but she had spit-shined the house for me. It was such a relief to come home to a clean home and happy kids, I cried. Thanks, Moog.

7. She's my friend. Okay, so a lot of the time I have to wear my Grouchy-Mother-Of-A-Teenager hat, but sometimes I get to exchange it for the Giggle-With-My-Daughter hat. Or my Watch-A-Classic-Chick-Flick-With-My-Daughter hat. I love those hats.

8. She is always trying to learn new things, or get better at the things she knows how to do. Lately she's been spending a lot of time creating art. And she has decided to learn how to cook, which is nice for those of us who get to enjoy her roast and potatoes.

9. She's a tradition-girl. I love the way simple things make her happy, just because that's how we have always done them. Like the family barbeque we had for her birthday a few days ago.

10. She makes me proud. I look forward to watching her continue to make good choices and enjoy her life.

I love you baby girl!


6 comments:

  1. I love you too Morgan!

    Time has sure flown. Sometimes it feels like she was just a baby, you were living in Lewiston and she was putting on my sweats (up to her neck) when I did laundry at your house. She has grown into such an amazing girl. You guys are doing something right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! We love you and hope that this is a great year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx, mommy :D there is nothing like a week long trip away from home to help you realize how much you really love your family. You guys rock and i don't know what I would do without you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's beautiful, too. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy (late) birthday, Morgan! One more year and you'll be dating and driving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morgan, you are our favorite 15 year old granddaughter. Watch out, world! One more year and she's dateable and driveable! We Love You, Morgan!

    ReplyDelete