Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Standard Diner, Albuquerque

My Mom, Dad, Jen and I went to The Standard Diner in Albuquerque on our way home from a crazy road trip over the weekend. Now I can put a cu-ching on another Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives suggestion from Guy. (In case you're wondering, that was the sound of a check mark).

The Standard Diner is definitely NOT a dive, and not a drive-in. That leaves diner, but this is the most upscale diner I've ever eaten in. It was a great experience. The setting is in an old Route 66 service station, but it has been turned into a beautiful little space with great food. If you're ever in ABQ, check this place out. It's right off the 1-40 and 1-25 interchange. Easy to find and so worth it.

Let's see if I can remember what we got. Mom and I got the Burbon Butter Burger (low calorie, I'm sure) and sweet potato fries. YUM. Jen got a zuccini stack that was to die for. Dad went with a panini. They also had homemade ice cream, although we were way too full to try it. But this one sounded interesting: red orange basil ice cream. Huh?
Thanks, family, for helping me out with my eccentricities. SOOOOO much better than Applebees, though, right?
Here's the link if you want to see this place on Triple D: http://www.standarddiner.com/


5 comments:

  1. Guy would be so proud of your promoting skills! Sounds like a fun, nastalgic trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. I always want to try new places but JJ just likes to stick to the old faves. Maybe one day I will get him to be adventerous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have found yummy food in places that leave you with fond memories. It's too bad we have to travel so far to get it, but maybe that is not such a bad thing ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. We regularly drive by a diner that was once featured on that show (so I have heard), and I think about you every time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Standard Diner was the best burger of my life!
    http://eatingtheroad.wordpress.com/2009/11/03/standard-diner/

    ReplyDelete