Friday, May 28, 2010

Getting Our Geek On

We're to the point of counting down the days now for Comic-Con.
For those of you who aren't aware, I married a comic book nerd. I love my comic book nerd, and for Christmas I got him tickets to the (much-coveted-by-other-comic-book-nerds) comic convention, Comic-Con.

This is a really big deal--so much so that San Diego becomes transformed for a week every July to a strange alternate reality crawling with superheroes and celebrities and fans giddy with comic joy. So much so that tickets for this year's July event sold out in early fall and in order to get a hotel reservation during that week you had to sell your soul, which we did so we're all set.

Needless to say, we're excited. But not THIS excited:

My husband is SOOOO not getting me to sport a Wonder Woman costume with the underwear on the outside of my tights. However, we thought we'd get into the spirit and we've been shopping for tee shirts.

Here's a quick sampling of some of the shirts we have been thinking about donning:


Geek IS sexy.


The cake IS a lie.


I love Dr. Horrible Better than Captain Hammer, but I heart this shirt.


3 comments:

  1. Not that I'm advocating brutal violence and horrific language (most of which is from the mouth of an 11-year-old), but have you guys seen Kick Ass? This post reminded me of that movie. It was awesome.

    *the comment posted above does not represent the opinion of any person with high morals and is not intended for the eyes of children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm shocked, Danelle. Just shocked.

    *I generally do not heed opinions of people without high morals, so thanks for the disclaimer.

    ReplyDelete