Friday, August 24, 2007

Back to School
















School is in!


Worthy started kindergarten, and we are so proud of him. He was nervous and anxious. I cried all day (he didn't know it, of course) because I left him there with a quiver in his chin and those deer-in-the-headlights eyes. I had to remind myself that when I was a kindergarten teacher, kids did a lot better AFTER their moms left. So I left, and I cried. And when I picked him up after school he was beaming! He loves his teacher and he is having a very positive experience. Wow, my baby is growing up.


Kate is doing really well, too. She is such a good big sister to her little bro. She makes sure he remembers his backpack, and she helps him walk home from school every day. She has a wonderful teacher who has done a lot of simple things to help accomodate her and make her feel good about herself. Kate amazes me all the time, but I'm especially proud of her right now. She seems to have matured three years over the summer.


Morgan is in the 8th grade, and is still enjoying middle school. She woke up at 4:00 on the first 3 days of school to do her hair. Oh, my. We found out yesterday that she made the school volleyball team, so she is excited to start a new season. We'll let you know when we have a game schedule. Morgan is now officially taller than me. She and I were looking at her baby scrapbook yesterday, and I had this moment where I just wanted to grab time and hold it still for awhile.





7 comments:

  1. I think it was just yesterday I was experiencing all that maternal angst on the first day of school! It sounds so familiar! Your children are truly blessed to have the wonderful parents they do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone looks so great! The first day of school, how exciting.

    I already feel like freezing time, it is amazing how quickly they grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I have the cutest nieces and nephews in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with Jen. We do have the cutest nieces and nephews. They are growing up so quick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kids look so wonderful and my how they change each year. I hope they have a great year and that Mom survives :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, they are so cute! I cant believe that worthy is in kindergarten! time is moving way to fast! next year all of the cousins on our side will be in school! that is crazy to me! I love you guys and cant wait to see ya! give your kids a kiss for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, they are so cute! I cant believe that worthy is in kindergarten! time is moving way to fast! next year all of the cousins on our side will be in school! that is crazy to me! I love you guys and cant wait to see ya! give your kids a kiss for me :)

    ReplyDelete