Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Worthy's Proud Golf Moment


Two weekends ago I entered the Hideout Amateur golf tournament. It has been a goal of mine to win the Amateur. I haven’t felt like I was there yet, but a great thing happened. I took second place in my flight! Not a victory but close enough that I feel really good about the future.

I was a little worried about playing in the tournament because I hadn’t played a whole lot of golf prior to that week. In fact, I played a round on the Monday before and did so poorly I told Kim I was going to pull out. Luckily she talked me into sticking it out. She convinced me that I didn’t enter to win I entered to have fun.

I could give you the typical “Worthy Glover Play-by-Play” but I won’t. I will just tell you that I played steady. After the first day of the tournament I was in second place. I decided that if I kept the same pace as the day before I should end up in pretty good shape. In the end I took second by 1 stroke. It was a lot of fun.


For taking second place I won $350, which must be spent on merchandise at the clubhouse. This is great and exciting but a little frustrating also. I like every club in my bag. I really don’t feel like I need to replace any of them. Obviously they are treating me all right. I did purchase a new wedge (which has already been a good addition to my bag) but I don’t really have a need for any other clubs. I may end up buying some junior clubs for the kids and a lot of golf balls, shirts and hats.

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you made a comment. I am really proud of how well you did. It is fun to tell all my coworkers how you did. You can always buy me some golf balls if you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Maybe you can give me some lessons next time I'm out there, since the only time I get to play golf is when I'm visiting family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm sure Drew would love to have you dilema of how to spend money at a golf store. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you - It is always a good feeling when we set out to accomplish a goal - even if we don't make it the 1st try.

    I still have to say - I don't understand golf :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! You finally posted! It was fun to read about your golf win. You could buy Clay some clubs if you want to! (Just kidding)

    ReplyDelete