Saturday, September 12, 2009

Happy Birthday My Little Man!

Happy Birthday Little Worthy!



As long as it's sweet, LW will eat it. Or wear it.



Stockton to Malone, 2003



4th of July baby




Kate and Mom feeding brand new Little W0rthy.


I can't believe my baby turns 8 on Monday. We love him beyond words, and he has been our miracle at least twice. So here are 10 fun facts about my little man.

1. Worthy has a big heart. He is genuinely upset when Kate is unhappy. This sometimes leads to a bit of manipulation on her part, but he doesn't mind. He's usually happy when she's happy.


2. He has a bloody wicked Brittish accent, thanks in part to his love of Harry Potter.

3. He loves to carry things around with him in his pocket: legos, rocks, sticks, magnets, marbles, and other small items that wreak havoc on my washer and dryer.

4. Worthy is a VERY picky eater. His definition of good food is sugary food. Everything else, besides macaroni and cheese from a box, is nasty. I was quite sure, before Worthy, that my perfect motherhood was the reason my girls were good eaters. Ahem. Not so.

5. He is so fun to tease that we all tease him constantly. Want to make Worthy smile? Ask him about his girlfriend. Or tickle him. The poor guy is constantly being tickled by Morgan because he is ticklish EVERYWHERE. And he has the best giggle ever.

6. Worthy loves Legos, but he doesn't enjoy putting the big elaborate sets together. He prefers making original designs with the tiny, obscure pieces. And he LOVES the little Lego characters (see #3)
7. Worthy is our little miracle. First, he miraculously joined our family when he was a brand new baby. We were ecstatic to have a new son and brother. We drove all the way to Georgia in the wake of 9/11 since there were no planes flying over America when he was born.

8. He proved to be our miracle again. After we drove him back across the country to meet his sisters and his extended family, he was ripped out of our arms and taken back to Georgia. We were devastated, thinking we would never see our son again. He returned to our family as the best Christmas present we've ever received.

9. Worthy LOVES to go golfing with his Dad. So far he hasn't developed a love for the game as much as a love for being out on the course finding treasures. I have this great picture in my head of The Three Worthys out golfing together in a few years.
10. Our Little Man loves to snuggle. Since Moog is a teenager and Kate loves me from a distance, this Mom will take all the snuggles she can get. I hope to still be getting hugs and snuggles when he is taller than me.
Happy Birthday Little Worthy.

5 comments:

  1. That, Kim, was a really nice, well-written, nicely thought-out and executed post. We love little Worthy, too. Rachel will be sad she missed a chance to play with him this afternoon. I know it is too late, but wish him a happy birthday from us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking today about how you had to drive cross-country to get your little miracle. What a joy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Worthy! I still remember when I got the phone call that he was coming home, and I was so confused. I thought you meant you were getting a new baby, and when I realized what you were saying I was in utter shock. I kept crying on and off all day and all my co workers thought I was having a breakdown. Give him kisses from me (and a tickle!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LW is such a cute guy. I wish we lived closer so our boys could play legos together; LR loves the little guys, too. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Worthy! Great tribute Kim.

    ReplyDelete