Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Why Do We Have So Many Unnecessary Body Parts?



So, apparently a person can survive just fine with only 1/2 of a thyroid. Which is a good thing, because next Wednesday I will only have 1/2 of my thyroid. Fun, fun. I'm really looking forward to the scar on my neck, especially because I tend to get those gorgeous raised scars (I have a caterpillar on my shoulder from a car accident I was in at 18). I can't stand turtle necks, so maybe some large necklaces are in my future? Scarves?

On the bright side, I'm seriously hoping this will help with fatigue, depression, weight gain and the lovely, persistent hairs that keep growing on my face. I know, I know...WAY too much information. I inherited that trait (TMI) from my grandma Z.

Seriously, I hate that I have to have surgery. But I'm really glad that the growth on my thyroid is not cancerous and that there may be a light at the end of this tunnel.

5 comments:

  1. Ya, caterpillar scars are cool on your shoulder...your neck? Well, with the popularity of vampire stories these days, perhaps you'll be the most enviable gal in b-town. Good luck with it all, I hope it is a speedy and satisfying recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder the same thing about the thyroid; it seems to be affecting a lot of people I know lately. I hope surgery will help you feel better. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you making a positive spin on the joys of having extraneous body parts cut out of you. I really hope this surgery helps you and that you don't have to be down for too long after. Good luck to you and your family. Seriously, let us know how we can help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little by little, you seem to be getting rid of your unnecessary body parts. There must be an easier way, but I don't know what it is. I have a bunch of those caterpillars too. We are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete