Saturday, November 28, 2009

Little W's Adoption Story

Nan has published our Little Man's adoption story on the r house, a blog dedicated to adoption.

Thank you, Nan, for your beautiful words. I have tried many times to write this story down, and have not been successful. For one thing, my memories are not reliable. I can remember the day, months after we lost him, that I realized that I had no memory of most of the previous months. The memories I did have were fuzzy and colorless. I was concentrating on breathing in and out. For another thing, I find that my emotions are still, after 8 years, too raw to write objectively.

So I really mean it when I say thank you, Nan. You have such a gift for words, and we are blessed to be the recipients of them.

Although the names have been changed, here is our story. And we lived happily ever after!

1 comment: