Saturday, November 7, 2009

Tasty Table

So here's the story. My recipe situation is a disaster. I have an old recipe box that is stuffed full of recipes I've gathered through the years. The best method for finding a recipe is to dump it out on the counter, haphazardly rummage through it, and hope I'm lucky enough to chance upon the recipe I'm looking for. Most likely, it doesn't exist. I have had bad luck with my recipes, to put it nicely. I won't go into all the details, but I'll give you the worst example. I finally started to get organized with my recipes when Worthy gave me a laptop for Christmas a few years back. After diligently typing them into the computer, I would throw the wrinkled, folded, scribbled (and dribbled) on recipe into the trash. Well, some mean person stole my laptop out of our car in the mall parking lot. I lost a lot of things, including my recipes.

So since then I've done a lot of crying, gnashing of teeth, and renting of clothing. And calling people to beg for their recipes. And searching the internet. The problem is, I don't have a good system for keeping the good ones. I often print them off the internet, then put them, folded, into the black hole that is my recipe file. Or I don't print them at all, thinking I can always search for them again. But of course when I search for them again I can't remember which one I used originally. I'm also famous for calling someone, scribbling a recipe on whatever is available (a wrinkled receipt, my kids homework, a bubble gum wrapper) with whatever is available (a crayon, a thick magic marker, a pen with no ink). Then I have to call them back months later. It's a mess!!!

So I have decided to start a new blog, mostly for myself, to organize my recipes. Whenever I find a good recipe I'll add it to this blog, and then I'll be able to find it when I need it. And maybe some of you will be able to benefit from it, too. And if some mean person steals my computer, or if it (heaven forbid) crashes, my recipes will be safe in cyberspace.

My new blog is called Tasty Table, and it can be found at www.glovertastytable.blogspot.com
I am a big stealer of recipes, so I will try my best to give credit where credit is due. Bon appetite'.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great idea. And I can show you how to make it into a book later, too, if you want. By the way, thanks for the pumpkin bread yesterday. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete