Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Little Worthy Turns Ten!

Unbelievable that this Little Man is ten. I can't believe it. He will always be my baby, and watching him grow up is definitely bitter sweet.

Some of Worthy's favorite things right now are Spongebob, Star Wars Legos on the x-box, Goosebump books, his sisters, macaroni and cheese, and anything with sugar in it.

Worthy has some special gifts. He is tender-hearted, and will do almost anything to make sure everyone else is happy. I worry about this a lot, since he is constantly compromising for his sister, but what a sweet little guy. He has gift for Brittish accents, and he loves to make people laugh. He tells me he loves me EVERY DAY, sometimes several times a day, which I count among my favorite things. Our animals love him. He is learning responsibility by taking care of them. I have caught Tuxi licking his bald head while he sleeps several times. Salty? I don't know. But creepy and cute at the same time.

We celebrated the special day by skyping with Morgan before school started. Morgan and Kate had hatched a plan, and Kate knew just where to find the hidden gift that the two of them had purchased before Morgan left. Worthy loves Morgan soooooo much, so that was a nice way to start the day.

During the school day I took cupcakes to Worthy's class, and he got to pass them out and pick which kids would lead the group in "Happy Birthday". Of course that was a thrill! I'm always amazed at what will make a ten-year-old happy! It was fun to hang out in his class for a minute. I don't often get to do that.

Worthy got a new bike for his birthday! I don't have any photos of it, but it's shnazzy.

That evening we went out to eat at Old Tymer with Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Winston to celebrate. The staff there brought Little Worthy his own birthday cake and we sang to him, but before he could finish it he had snuggled into Grandma Kathy and fallen fast asleep. Too much birthday, apparently!

Happy birthday, Little Worthy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that picture of Worthy zonked out is adorable! Love him! Happy birthday, little man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I hope it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete