Sunday, August 23, 2009

Alaska!!

Here we are with a handsome bear we flirted with in Canada.


We took a horse-drawn trolley tour of Victoria.


Grandma couldn't take her eyes off of the gorgeous view.



Making friends with a starfish.



Aren't my sisters gorgeous? We bonded.


This is in Juneau at the Salmon Bake.



My sis Linz


Beauty, eh?


Chillin' with Sarah Palin


I've neglected to blog about my cruise to Alaska because I haven't had the time or the energy to do it justice. I have finally decided to go for it, sacrificing perfection for just gettin' er done.
So, here it is in a nutshell: Eat, sleep, eat, laugh, eat, bond, eat, laugh, eat, relax, enjoy the most beautiful sights EVER, eat.


Here is some of the food I ate: anchovies, rack of lamb, mussels, scallops, Alaskan salmon, Alaskan king crab, calamari, duck, oysters, and the yummiest crab melt sandwich ever.
Thanks, Mom, for taking us on a memorable girl trip. Now if I could just get Worthy and my children to give me turn-down service with a chocolate every night. And a fancy towel animal.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome post! THat photo of your grandma looking out at the views is priceless. You are all such cute sisters, with such a fun mom. I'm glad you had such a memorable experience...and ate such interesting cuisine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hurst sisters hanging out with Sara Palin? Seriously. I think I will blow that picture up poster size and give it to your boss! That should provide a few laughs!

    ReplyDelete