Wednesday, July 21, 2010

COMIC-CON!!!!!

We're here! Worthy is beside himself with joy. The whole city of San Diego is crawling with giddy, proud-to-be-geeky people. So much fun.



I'm determined to stay in touch and blog just a little bit, since I know when I get home life will take over and it will never get done. Right now we have a 5 second window of down time, so I thought I would post our first 2 adventures, Diners Drive-Ins And Dives style:

Last night we ate at The Standard Diner in Albuquerque. I have been there before, but Worthy had never experienced it. It was lovely. Worthy had the bourbon burger with sweet potato fries and I had bacon-wrapped meatloaf (which was really, really good. really). Totally worth the 5 miles I ran on the treadmill this morning.

There are 6 little places in San Diego featured on Guy Fieri's show (so far), and we are planning to visit them all while we're here. Today we had lunch at a great little hole-in-the-wall called The Blue Water Seafood Market And Grill. They have fresh, grilled to order fish. YUM. I absolutely loved this place, and I don't even necessarily have to run 5 miles tomorrow.


Tonight is Preview Night at the Con, an event that only a few of us lucky (and early) ticket holders get to be a part of. We're headed there in a few minutes, as soon as I can get my Wonder Woman outfit on. . .

3 comments:

  1. So, where is the line between 'geek' and 'nerd' drawn?

    I would kill (or at least lasso and handle roughly) for a Wonder Woman costume...and the body to wear it.

    Have tons of fun. You two look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!!!!
    Keep posting!
    Love you guys!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty posing with your guy in front of that diner. I love that you have plans to hit some fun eating places, besides the awesome Comic-Con experience. It sounds like a great time!

    ReplyDelete