Tuesday, February 13, 2007

100 Things About Worthy

1. My favorite font is Arial.
2. I still love comic books, but I call them “graphic novels” to sound more adult about my obsession.
3. I am obsessive compulsive.
4. My iPod makes me happy.
5. I abhor racism, prejudice and hatred!
6. I believe my spirituality is not gauged by my political affiliation, my choice of hairstyle, or color of shirt I wear to church on Sunday.
7. My favorite TV show is a toss-up between Heroes and Battlestar Galactica.
8. Some of the most spiritual people I know are not “Mormon.”
9. I wish being a Dad was not so challenging.
10. Yet, I believe anything worthwhile does not come easy.
11. I am truly, madly and deeply in love with my wife.
12. Like Joseph Smith, I would go to the very depths of hell and back for my wife.
13. I love the smell of San Juan County during and after a rainstorm.
14. I am worried that I will be discovered as a fraud someday. Until then I am just going to keep faking it.
15. I have an odd interest in vampires.
16. I have a similar odd interest in the mob.
17. It took me 12 years to earn my Bachelor’s degree, (I am neither a Doctor nor a Lawyer).
18. I love teaching, especially gospel subjects.
19. I am not like the rest of my family.
20. I have no real political affiliation, but I am certain my leanings are more democratic than republican.
21. I love riding a bike.
22. I still yearn to be on a skateboard at the skate park.
23. I am glad I have discovered snowboarding; I just wish I did it more often.
24. I appreciate that my wife makes me wear a helmet when I ride my bike, (even if it makes me look dorky).
25. I have some addictions…golf is one.
26. My wife is another (see #24).
27. Somehow I have managed to remain in good standing with my children. I don’t deserve the love they offer me, but I will gladly embrace it.
28. I love watching movies at the theater, but not “chick flicks” those are for renting and watching at home. Give me action, excitement and loud noises!
29. I love to act and secretly wish I had done more to hone my talents in the theater arts.
30. I love well-done, live theater (Broadway blew my mind).
31. I do not like Fast and Testimony meeting.
32. I like hearing and feeling a sincere testimony.
33. In another life, I would be Emperor of the World.
34. I want to own a truck someday, and not just the Hotwheels model.
35. I love the laughter and smiles of my children. I wish I saw those smiles more often.
36. I am so proud of every accomplishment my children make.
37. I love that Morgan has interests in my music choices.
38. I really love when my two little ones hear a song and shout, ”Hey you have this song Daddy!”
39. I enjoy being the “fixer” of all things. I just wish I really could fix all things.
40. I love that I get my Dad all to myself for a two hour block, from time to time, on the golf course.
41. I wish I could play the guitar.
42. I wish I were as good a leader at home as I am in the office.
43. I am proud to be a Certified Public Manager.
44. I am proud to be nearly done with a Master’s degree.
45. I am easily distracted.
46. I am good at accomplishing my goals…when I set them.
47. I love to travel with my wife.
48. I do not like being a referee, umpire or official of any sort at sporting events. It’s just not fun.
49. I love coming home to my family at 5:00 pm every night.
50. I have weak ankles.
51. I carry two “lucky” quarters in my pocket. They are the quarters from Georgia and New Jersey. The number will increase to three when Utah comes out. The quarters represent the birthplace of my children.
52. At Sizzler I order the Steak and All-you-can-eat-shrimp, not because I can eat a lot of shrimp, but because my daughter can.
53. I love playing Cities and Knights of Catan.
54. Generating a list of 100 things about myself makes me uncomfortable.
55. I love the taste of my wife’s lips, (she tastes like the first time I kissed her).
56. I don’t know how to teach my children to be confident.
57. I don’t know how to do a lot of things.
58. I really don’t like cats (even though we have two).
59. I like making breakfast for my family.
60. I want to look like Brad Pitt: hot body, dashing good looks. Despite my wife’s belief I DO NOT HAVE A MAN CRUSH ON HIM!
61. I like bizarre stories and movies.
62. My favorite short story is “Murder Mysteries” by Neil Gaiman.
63. I enjoy camping with my family.
64. When fishing, convincing Kate to throw back the small fish is a formidable challenge, but fun to be a part of nonetheless.
65. Staying home from work with Worthy is time well spent.
66. Watching Morgan play sports makes me nervous and proud.
67. I like to barbeque.
68. I enjoy learning, but only when it is on my own terms.
69. I prefer to read my news rather than watch a newscast.
70. I watch Sportscenter every day.
71. I am a fan of BYU football.
72. I really want to see U2 in concert.
73. I also want to see Greenday in concert.
74. My wife and I make great partners. We each have a role in this family and together we play those roles well.
75. Studying the Book of Mormon brings me great peace.
76. I want to earn a doctorate degree someday.
77. I know God answers my prayers!
78. I like knowing that George Bush is almost done being president.
79. I dig the way Todd McFarlane draws Spider-man.
80. If I could be a super hero, I would be Spider-man.
81. I have a counting system for dispensing paper towels in a public restroom.
82. I must have a certain brand, style and color of pen in my back pocket at all times. I get nervous when its not there.
83. I still haven’t told my mother about my first kiss, (even though at the time she told me she hoped I would tell her when I had my first kiss).
84. My first kiss was Prom night my sophomore year in High School.
85. I was sixteen (see #84).
86. I kissed Kim, my Prom date (see #84 and # 55).
87. I am a charter member of the Rotary Club of Blanding.
88. My favorite novel is “Ender’s Game” by Orson Scott Card. I have read it many times and it still blows my mind.
89. I must have a clean desk in order to write or work effectively.
90. My desk is rarely clean.
91. I want to win the Hideout Amateur some day.
92. I am glad my parents called me Worthy and not Bill when I was born.
93. I am proud of my name.
94. It is great to date my wife every Friday.
95. I am glad she does not allow me to grow complacent about date night.
96. I like the feel of exercise sweat on my own body.
97. I enjoy a good quote. My bulletin board at work is covered with them.
98. My favorite letter of recommendation written for me states, “Don’t hire Worthy Glover!”
99. I currently work in the same job my father had when I was a teenager. Not just the same type of work but the very job.
100. Why didn’t I stop at 50? 100 is far too much to say about one’s self.

3 comments:

  1. You may need to re-think #21. Most of your list would be my list, except for all the kissy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I didn't know you, and read your list, I'd know how cool you are! So glad you're my bro--but I'm not sure I wanted to know about the taste of Kim's lips!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete