Saturday, February 10, 2007

Saturday

I love Saturdays. Usually I feel energized because I can actually see the floors and the counters, but I didn't seem to get much done today. I've been reading, which is a guilty pleasure I've been allowing myself lately. I used to be a reader and a writer, in my past life. Babies and a job and life happened, and I'm sorry to say I've just about become illiterate. So, in the name of literacy, I'm reading. The latest book is called The Time Traveler's Wife. Interesting. Anyway, the floors have suffered. Oh, well. They're only floors.

Morgan's young women group has a new theme this year called "Raiders of the Lost Art". She and I attended new beginnings last week, and her crazy leaders were dressed up as Indiana Jones. (For those of you who know these ladies, bishops should know that Shan Redd and Terri Laws are a dangerous combination). Morgan had never heard of the Raiders movies...feel old, anyone? So her Dad has made it his mission to make sure she is schooled in the world of Indiana Jones. Tonight the three of us will watch the trilogy. Worthy was so bent on watching them that he borrowed his mom's vcr when the local movie place didn't have the movies on DVD (We don't even own a vcr anymore). I love my crazy husband.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Saturdays too! Because the work week is almost over for me. Morgan I hope you enjoyed watching those movies. i can remember watching them with my dad when I was a little girl and I still love them today. love, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I really feel old. I love those movies. I hope you enjoy them Morgan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim,
    I'm amazed that you feel insecure about your parenting. I think you and Worthy are examplary parents. I often marvel....

    Kate is sooooo lucky to have you, and of course you're lucky to have her. I think we will all enjoy the ride, even though it may be bumpy at times.

    ReplyDelete