Sunday, February 11, 2007

100 Things You May Or May Not Know About Me (With Thanks to Eryka)

So Eryka inspired me again. I really liked getting to know her better with her "100 things about me" post. The best part was her honesty. So I challenged my family to do this activity, and mine is done. (I hope Big Worthy and Morgan will post theirs soon, and I'll help Kate and Worthy with smaller lists). I found this to be HARD. But I'm glad I did it. So, below are 100 things about me that you may or may not already know.

1. I love the smell of freshly cut grass and barbeque.
2. I love the smell of sage brush even more.
3. I'm terrible at math.
4. Kate and I often stay home from church.
5. I have panic attacks on Sunday mornings worrying about #4.
6. I'd rather be home with my family than having an adventure.
7. I love to read.
8. I love to write.
9. I love to scrapbook and keep a journal (blog).
10. I have always hated my skin.
11. I have a lot of respect for my Mom and Dad.
12. I love my sisters!
13. I am grateful everyday that my husband kept chasing until he caught me.
14. It bugs me when I can hear people eat.
15. Prejudice--in any form--makes my stomach hurt.
16. I love all three of my miracle children.
17. I love to travel, and I love coming home.
18. I would rather hang out with my husband than anyone else.
19. I'm terrible at managing money.
20. I wish I'd spent more time hiking with my Dad when I was growing up.
21. My veins have diet coke running through them.
22. I strive to be like Christ.
23. I believe that some "Christian Values" are the opposite of Christ-like.
24. I wish for more tolerance in the world.
25. I wish for less prejudice in San Juan County.
26. I love the smell and sound of the dryer when my house is clean.
27. I love to play in the dirt and make things grow.
28. Daffodils peeking up out of the snow make me happy.
29. I have a degree in early childhood and I feel inadequate as a mother.
30. I wish I could be a better mom to Kate.
31. I love to go walking with my Mom.
32. I love dating my husband on Fridays.
33.I'm glad Worthy's home at 5:00 (family time is better than salary time).
34. I love my dog.
35. My dog is a pain in the butt.
36. I want to own a passport.
37. I love it when my kids say "I love you."
38. I can't wait to not be fat.
39. People think I'm outgoing but really I'm shy and insecure.
40. I have a talent for writing.
41. Someday I'd like to write a children's book.
42. I wish Morgan would tell me more.
43. I have issues with depression.
44. Lack of sunshine messes with #43.
45. It's really hard to admit to #43.
46. I love going to big cities.
47. I'm glad I don't live in one.
48. I wish there was a cure for autism.
49. I love it when I get to drive through Monument Valley at work.
50. I love and respect a lot of the families I work with on the reservation.
51. My favorite t.v. show is Gray's Anatomy.
52. My favorite movie is Return to Me.
53. Sometimes I watch Lifetime television.
54. Don't tell anyone about #53.
55. I love music.
56. I can't stand country music.
57. I might be the only Indigo Girls fan who isn't a lesbian.
58. I love the Indigo Girls.
59. I always order salmon.
60. I don't like fish--except salmon.
61. My little boy's smile is a cure for #43.
62. I appreciate people who are open minded.
63. I feel judged when I parent in public.
64. It hurts my feelings when people judge my little girl.
65. I'm intensely proud of all of my children.
66. I love to play Settlers of Catan.
67. I wish I was better at remembering birthdays.
68. I'm forever grateful for birthmothers.
69. I often compare my worst with other people's best.
70. I love to go to movies in real theaters.
71. I want a housekeeper.
72. I'm startled when I realize I'm 35.
73. I love to cook for my family.
74. I hate cleaning up after cooking.
75. Clowns creep me out.
76. I'm a big fan of "Wonder Pets" and "Pigglywinks."
77. Don't tell anyone about #76.
78. I hate my feet.
79. I wish I never had to wear shoes.
80. I would usually rather be cold than wear a coat.
81. I love living near family and I wish my sisters lived next door to me.
82. I get scared when I think about Kate in high school.
83. I hope like crazy I'm wrong about #82.
84. I wish I was more patient.
85. It's hard for me to make new friends.
86. I love cheesecake.
87. I'm proud of my master's degree.
88. It bugs me when people judge based on activity in the church.
89. I try to understand people's views even if they don't match my own.
90. I regret not knowing my grandparents better.
91. My husband is my best friend.
92. My husband still gives me butterflies.
93. Storage containers and boxes make me happy!
94. Bubble baths are my friend.
95. I love to hear Kate read.
96. I love to watch Moog play volleyball.
97. Babies smell sooooo good (sometimes!)
98. I'm glad I'm finished having babies, but I'm excited that my sisters aren't!
99. I'm a Mormon democrat and that's not an oxymoron.
100. Most of the time I love being me.

3 comments:

  1. I love your list!! My absolute favorite smell is fresh cut grass and bbq. I really wish I could smell that right now. I think you are an amazing mom. Don't ever doubt it. Thanks for posting your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love "Pigglywinks" too, and we have a friend who is an animator for "Wonderpets". I loved reading your list. I am so glad you are blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--what a great list. Maybe someday I'll give it a go, but I don't know if I can be so brave and honest! You rock!

    ReplyDelete