Tuesday, December 23, 2008

All I Want For Christmas is. . . Healthy Children

cheese!

My kids were sick last week. You can always tell when Little Worthy is sick, because you have to wake him up. Usually he starts his day by impatiently waiting (sometimes for an hour or more) for his lazy family to wake up. He is the only morning person in our family. Last week he just wanted to keep sleeping, so there was no question that he wasn't feeling well. Fast forward to this week, when he had his class Christmas program. Needless to say, he wasn't prepared after missing so much school. It was hilarious to watch him--he just sort of pouted his way through the program. I did get him to smile for the camera after it was over, though.



So just when I thought we were through with the yuck, Kate started complaining (last night) that her ear hurt. This was after we decided to check her out school earlier in the day. She had been being "non-compliant", which often indicates that she isn't feeling well. She screamed and screamed last night, until she finally gave in and let Daddy give her some tylenol. When she woke up this morning, she went straight to the couch, told me "Mom, my ear is broken," and hasn't moved since. It's almost 6:00 P.M., by the way. For my energetic little girl, something is definitely wrong. It turns out she was right, she had ruptured an eardrum and liquid was oozing out of her ear. Poor baby. She's been a trooper today, but I just hope she is well in time to enjoy Christmas.

Now the latest development is Morgan with a headache.
So, Santa. I'm not asking for much for Christmas. Just kids that are healthy enough to appreciate your visit.

2 comments:

  1. I hope they feel better. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad about all the sickness. I know there has been a lot of crud going around. I am the only one here that is sick and it is nothing contagious and nothing some serious antibiotics won't cure. (bladder infection--I am glad I don't get these very often. not fun)

    ReplyDelete