Thursday, December 11, 2008

This Is For You, Richie...Comedies

In honor of Richie, I decided to come up with a list of my favorite movies. This is an extremely difficult task, I've discovered. So after much soul searching, I have decided to narrow my picks down to several different categories. And now (drumroll, please), my favorite comedies of all time (note: the order has a tendency to change, depending on my mood at the moment. And another note: most of these are my favorites simply because they are so darned quotable).


1. Ferris Bueller's Day Off. "This is my ninth sick day this semester. It's pretty tough coming up with new illnesses. If I go for ten, I'm probably going to have to barf up a lung, so I better make this one count."


2. Best In Show. "We met at Starbucks. Not at the same Starbucks but we saw each other at different Starbucks across the street from each other."


3. So I Married An Axe Murderer. "I'm not kidding, that boy's head is like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts! Now that was offside, wasn't it? He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow."




4. This Is Spinal Tap. "This goes to eleven".


5. Monty Python and the Holy Grail. "I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!


6. Better Off Dead. "I want my two dollars."


7. Napolean Dynamite. "Girls only want boyfriends who have good skills."


8. A Fish Called Wanda. "How very interesting. You're a true vulgarian, aren't you?"


9. Wayne's World. "I once thought I had mono for an entire year. Turns out I was just really bored."

10. Office Space. "Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler."

3 comments:

  1. It's interesting, most of those are favorites of mine, too. Some of them are pretty obscure, but like you said, they just have lots of parts you can't help remembering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually won a radio contest because I recognized a quote from Spinal Tap. Maybe I'll have to make a list sometime too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for lists! Thanks for that post! I just got cast as "the french doctor" in Merry Wives of Windsor, and the director has given me permission to base my performance on the French Taunter from Holy Grail! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete