Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Promised Things-That-Make-Me-Happy Post



Happy Tuesday, Y'all. Here are some of the things that make me smile today:




1. My job. Sometimes it can be frustrating, especially when there are babies and families that need my help, but don't follow through with their end. I hate to see babies suffer when they could be making developmental gains. Yesterday, however, was such a great day. I had 3 separate, incredible home visits. Each one reminded me of why I love my job. My team does make a difference for kids and their families.




2. My home. This morning, as the wind was howling all around us, I felt warm and safe and cozy in my home with my family. The Christmas decorations make me happy and cozy, too.




3. My husband. Yesterday Worthy was "sick". Sick of the house, that is (shhh...don't tell his boss). When I came home from work he had cleaned the little kids' rooms--not as easy as one would think, unfortunately--and had dinner going. It filled me with peace. Thanks, Worth. I'm working on finding someone who will pay him to stay at home and be my house husband. Any takers?




4. My sis. For my birthday, Jen got me a jewelry making class. I'm going to Farmington this weekend for a sister visit, some Christmas shopping, and creativity. I'm really looking forward to it. I laugh when I'm with her.




5. Caffeine. I can't help it. I'm weak. I'm on my way to Bluff right now, and I'll stop off for gas and a diet coke. Aahh, the simple things. (This is dedicated to you, Nancy).




5 comments:

  1. Aawwwwww. That's so nice. Can't wait 'til Friday!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. A simple thing like a 32 oz drink can really make you happy. Have fun with your sister! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the list. If I were going to make a list of things that make me happy, "lists" would be on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you get to have a get-away. And I think it is awesome that your husband cleaned the kids' rooms. My husband is also "house sick". He actually helped clean the kitchen last night. I guess he was tired of me only washing the dishes in the dishwasher and leaving the "extra dishes" on the counter. And not washing the counter or the sink. I think I have a condition that prevents me from actually completing a job. Case in point: I am fabulous and washing and even usually folding laundry; but I almost never put it away. How does he stand living with me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kim. I am proud to be on your list and by list I mean your "make me happy" list not your s%*t list. Thanks for posting. I love you!

    ReplyDelete